I’m a bit annoyed today, but not directly at my wife. More so at the situation. She had some serious insomnia last night, could not sleep till 5 am. So she won’t make PT today. That shit is expensive.
But aside from that, I suspect I know why she has sleeping trouble. The naps, work stress, and total lack of exercise. I tried taking the “lead by example” approach and hoped she would pick up on the good habits, but that has not happened. I’m getting more worried about her health. Maybe I should take the more strong arm approach like I did with her finances? I may just have to the pull that card, even in face of her work that has her stay late. Her health is more important to me than a couple hours extra of an already weak paycheck.
These are in no particular order.
- I have an iron will
- I’m intelligent
- I am a Slytherin in that I’m focused, do not let obstacles stop me, and I’m deeply loyal to my close friends.
- I’m “really good at fucking”
- 5/5 pornstar rating
- I have a ton of physical endurance
- I’m learn from my mistakes
- I’m a good listener
- I make people feel safe
- The “glue” of my family
- I’ve been equated to a swiss army knife
- I can surprise people with how passionate I can be in face to my usual quiet reserved demeanor
- respectful of others’ feelings
- Soulful eyes
- Attractive shoulders
- Looks good in black
- I am detail oriented
- I am clever
- I am good at goal setting
- I am good at creating evocative imagery through my writing.
- I’m known as the person who can find answers to almost anything
- I’m still pretty good at video games
- I’m a decent shield fighter when larping
- I have “good battlefield awareness”
- I have been a professional mentor
- Open minded
- Good planner
- Has grit
- Great problem solver
- Fast reaction speed
- Supportive of those close to me
- Humble to a fault (I write as I try play up my strengths)
- I smell nice.
- I appreciate constructive critism
- I generally have a positive outlook on life.
- I workout regularly.
- I eat healthy by cooking my own meals and prepping food for the week.
- I enjoy stories that explore the moral grey
- I love playing D&D
- I enjoy Ren Faires
- I don’t care for most sports (but I do enjoy watching UFC fights when the situation presents itself)
- My chest hair resembles the Batman signal
I’m close to getting 15 clean pushups in before my form craps out…anyhow
- Warmup run with high knees, butt kickers, sprints, side shuffles
- dynamic stretches with 20 high knees between each exercise
- Partner setup, 5/5/5 to 25/25/25 pushups, situps, squats; increment 5
- 3 tire flips
- tire step throughs
- 10 rope slams
- 10 medicine ball slams
- 10 ab rollers
- 10 sliders, knees to chest
- high knees via agility ladder
- Circuit 2
- 15 box jumps
- 15 trx rows
- “box sprint”…run forward, shuffle left, run backwards, shuffle right
- squat jacks along fire hose
- Circuit 3
- Any of the above exercises for 10 count (except tire flips)
- “man maker” with 10lb dumbells
- sprawl to pushup, single arm row while holding plank, each side, then back to squat, curl, shoulder press
- flutter kicks 1-2-3/25
- knees to chest 25
- situps 25
- crunches 40 (elbows touch knees)
Something I’m mentally grappling with now is whether I want to add Kenpo back onto my plate (while still doing the morning SF workouts). While I’m still not at the weight I want to be, I’m definitely significantly stronger and have better endurance than when I last trained.
There are several problems I have to address if I do this.
- I will always be a bit late, since it starts at 6pm.
- I have to deal with that extra cost
- I won’t have enough time to eat dinner at home, so I’ll have to bring dinner to work and eat at like 4:30.
- If I maintain SF too, I will not have any time for playing games. Am I prepared to make that choice? Do I not only want to fix my body that badly, but do I also want master a martial art, and my own body that badly as well?
- Even less time with my wife
- If poly ever becomes a thing again, it won’t be very possible with only sat and Sunday available.
- Any other social initiatives during the week will be unavailable.
Things have been calm overall. I definitely had enough of my social fill on Thursday through Saturday. I also had my most successful twitch to date… unexpected too.
Things have been stable between my wife and I. I went to a work dinner for her job Thursday night. Friday night we went to a soldierfit ugly sweater party at the Rockville ale House. Saturday night we went to the limerick pub to watch the misbehaving maidens performance. Sunday we had personal training. I spent a good chunk of the day on chores.
It was interesting how Friday she wasn’t quite in her element socializing like normal. This was a function of her not regularly going to class. Also it was very crowded and loud.
Saturday felt a bit awkward with that “hole in the wall” feeling the bar gave. Overall it was a fun performance to watch. I also got some dice out of it.
Every so often I’ll think about the poly experience. I did enjoy being able to feel attractive in a hard to deny way. I got to be physical in a different and more intense way. But some of the costs were too much.
I had a decent Thanksgiving. Drove down to SC with the wife. Listened to Alex Verus book 6 and started 7. We learned that driving the Wednesday before Thanksgiving sucks. So we will want to leave Tuesday or obscenely early Wednesday morning. Like 2 or 3 am.
My sister seems to be getting nicer overall. Went biking with my uncle. My calves aren’t used to long distance riding anymore. Felt it initially in my knees but the calves were what became sore a couple days later.
One thing I’m dreading is the prospect of driving down to FL to see my mother in law. Too much drama, especially for such a long drive. And dealing with Sammy was kind of annoying. And not cheap.
I’m thinking on the latest A drama. Her symptoms are resurfacing and her partner Jason is being a selfish prick imo. He’s breaking up because of how her health condition effects him. Fuck that noise.
I’m reminded of my father when he was dying. I held his hand and felt his life slip away. It was a fucking horrible experience. But, in part due to my father’s overwhelming bravery in the face of inevitable death, I came out a stronger man.
There are a lot of reasons to break out of a relationship. A person being an emotionally toxic and draining leech being one, regardless of their brain chemistry imbalances. But a physical chronic condition? No.
We’re all going to die. Some slower than others. Let’s at least make the time we have together the best possible.
Already forgot some things so I will write what I remember.
Curls to shoulder press 20lbx8
Run to tire, flip 5 times
One leg raise on box with resist band underfoot…red..x8
35lb kb swing,x1…sprint to wall and back..repeat and increment to 10
Tricep extension rope 40, be close to rope
Facepull, stagger stance, rope split to sides of face
6th, reverse fly with 12lb
I spoke with my wife about the therapy stuff. Also tried to focus on not averting my eyes when talking. I noticed she had issues maintaining eye contact.
A thing that was decided was to check in with each other daily for now for accountabilty purposes. With plans to fall back to a weekly rythym.
I think the take away is my need to work towards my goals, and the need for my partner to keep up? Or at least in not such a way that I need to keep pulling her up.