- 600m row
- Lunges, flutter kicks, cruncges
- Ss1 – 4x
- 10 squat w 30lb slam ball
- 5 slams
- Weighted bird dogs
- Bicep curl variation (hold)
- Ss x3
- Bent over row 35lb
- 8 pushup
- Tricep 27.5 lb 4 sets (1st 22lb)
- Hold v with 10lb weight twice..3rd no weight
- Plank toe tap 20 rep x2
- Ss rower 100m, 30 high knees, 20 penguins
- Lateral raise 10lb x3
- Single leg forward dip with 10lb x2
- Alternate toe touches x20 rep 2 sets
I started the new year with a 2 hour soldierfit session. It reminded me that I need rash guards… because 2 hours of sweating the way I do plus running in the cold = OUCH MY NIPS
I am going to revise this post a few times then pin it when I have sorted out my new goals. First I need to acknowledge what I did accomplish last year, and what I learned. That will help inform the stepping stone goals I need to set in order to get to the bigger goals. For example, I was able to get to 15 clean pushups last year, starting at none at the start of the year. I still want to get to 50. So I figure 30 by April should be an ok goal. I’ll aim to up my Max by 1-2 a week. I just need to put this stuff in bullet form.
I’m also planning to get back into martial arts this year (ikca Kenpo). This means I won’t have much in the way of evenings open. I want to achieve new heights with my body… figuratively and literally. That means dedicating myself to my fitness goals now.
That’ll also mean less time for gaming. I’m giving up on twitch. I don’t need to sacrifice my time and health to find an audience. I think I am beyond needing gaming for a short term dopamine rush. I’m just in it for the stories now.
On the relationship stuff, I’m not sure if I’ll give poly another shot. I effectively have a green light from my wife, but I’m still anxious that taking that route will end up putting me in another tic for tac trap. The one thing I do want though is a partner who is also focused on progressing on fitness and has a grit similar to mine. Nothing romantic is needed there.
On work… I’m not sure what I want there. I’ll think more on this.
Went in for a later workout, with all the sessions and a consultation I did regarding O365. Jose class, which did not disappoint…so to speak. 1500 reps was the name of the game. I got maybe half way. I was too tired to count at some point
- Warm up run, with jogs up the hill outside in ~40 degree weather intermixed
- dynamic warmups
- 2 min squat jacks
- main event (order not exact):
- 40 burpees
- 50 tire squats
- push ~90lb sled across gym
- 100 jumping jacks
- 50 weighted situps (40lb dumbell)
- 50 kb swings (yellow, ~35 lb)
- 10 sprint sets
- 50 pushups
- 50 toe touches
- sled (no one was doing the sled, and I knew if no one did, he’d get the class somehow…altruism for the win?)
- repeat former exercises
- finish with burpees + sprints
There was probably more…but I’m too tired to recall.
Doing this in reverse based on memory
Talked about my ability to dig in deep for extra reserves (fitness, but also life)
Being able to define baselines on health with my wife. Impact on me, her. Being able to incorporate shared physical activity (maybe dancing) to give reason
What does she need from me?
What happens if I go completely hands off?
Will discuss progress on my goals next time
Discussed how companionship improved
Financial backgrounds differences impact life outlooks
Ethnic backgrounds effect on how we handle money
Differences in priorities.
Career…will look for new in Feb
Financial stability.. appropriate salary…pto
CC debt free by end of 2019
Clear CC debt
Save for roof, driveway
I’m close to getting 15 clean pushups in before my form craps out…anyhow
- Warmup run with high knees, butt kickers, sprints, side shuffles
- dynamic stretches with 20 high knees between each exercise
- Partner setup, 5/5/5 to 25/25/25 pushups, situps, squats; increment 5
- 3 tire flips
- tire step throughs
- 10 rope slams
- 10 medicine ball slams
- 10 ab rollers
- 10 sliders, knees to chest
- high knees via agility ladder
- Circuit 2
- 15 box jumps
- 15 trx rows
- “box sprint”…run forward, shuffle left, run backwards, shuffle right
- squat jacks along fire hose
- Circuit 3
- Any of the above exercises for 10 count (except tire flips)
- “man maker” with 10lb dumbells
- sprawl to pushup, single arm row while holding plank, each side, then back to squat, curl, shoulder press
- flutter kicks 1-2-3/25
- knees to chest 25
- situps 25
- crunches 40 (elbows touch knees)
We talked a bit about my concerns from yesterday. I’m not sure if any solution came out of it. I think at best a Luke warm non-committal to maybe do a 1 day a week sf session from my wife.
I guess I’m being asked to be what feels like eternally patient. I feel like shutting down and not bothering to try to help her anymore with the health stuff.
I think I feel sad.
Something I’m mentally grappling with now is whether I want to add Kenpo back onto my plate (while still doing the morning SF workouts). While I’m still not at the weight I want to be, I’m definitely significantly stronger and have better endurance than when I last trained.
There are several problems I have to address if I do this.
- I will always be a bit late, since it starts at 6pm.
- I have to deal with that extra cost
- I won’t have enough time to eat dinner at home, so I’ll have to bring dinner to work and eat at like 4:30.
- If I maintain SF too, I will not have any time for playing games. Am I prepared to make that choice? Do I not only want to fix my body that badly, but do I also want master a martial art, and my own body that badly as well?
- Even less time with my wife
- If poly ever becomes a thing again, it won’t be very possible with only sat and Sunday available.
- Any other social initiatives during the week will be unavailable.
- Warm-up run with standard intermixes
- Dynamic stretches with 20 high knees between each exercise
- Partner sit-ups, arms over chest, tap elbows 50
- More sit-ups, tap opposing elbows for a total of 100 (so 130 total)…also this time I had a partner that could keep up
- Sprints in lines for the next 5 minutes
- Circuit 10 min, x5 pushups each exercise
- Sledgehammer x20, high knees
- Boxjump x10, 10 goblet squat, 20 weighted lunges
- Trx row x10
- Kb swing x10
- 10 rope slam, 20 drummers
- Sliders, knees to chest
- Circuit 2, x5 pushups, 20 tire taps
- 10 sledgehammer
- 10 box jump
- 10 trx row
- 10 kb swing
- 10 rope slam, 20 drummers
- 10 sliders knees to chest
- Circuit 3, x5 pushup, 10 tire taps, plank jacks through agility ladder…all exercises from above but 5 reps
- Sprints last 5 min
I still feel like I need to do more. Scale still stubborn. Need to be better at resisting surprise temptations at work and social funtions. I also want to add something at night. Maybe just use the dance game for now.
I still want to get back into Kenpo. Challenge is going to be timing and cost. Need to have talk with wife on whether she will make use of SF and pt.
For the most part things have been stable and predictable. At least for me. My wife has been having a tough time with her job. Oh and the lawyer stuff I’m preparing to deal with. She also finished up this semester and will be taking a couple months off from school.
I guess I haven’t been able to think about much else lately. I’ve been focused on the health stuff, which still hasn’t been going the way I want. I was barely able to hit 188 Friday.. then one bad day, bam 193 post Monday workout. Ugh. I imagine winter is having an influence. I’m working out harder than I did in the summer…and the weight was flying off back then. My pushups are better though. Gotta keep grinding.